Toastmasters Of the Evening
One of the toughest roles, but it's similar to the Icebreaker. You might be afraid of it at first, but once you've done it, it'll be much easier in the future.
You are essentially the leader and coordinator of the evening, which can be a big challenge to overcome, but if you stick with it you can do it.
- You can always ask other members!
- Check the agenda; are the roles filled out? (some clubs ask members who attend the meeting to take a role in advance, this is possible but not usual in our club)
- Print the agendas out with at least 20 pieces (the treasurer can re-finance your costs if you wish to)
- Think out "questions of the evening" which everyone can answer with one-two sentences during the introduction round. (Examples from the past: What would you do if you weren´t here right now? What is your favourite drink? Etc.)
- You may check yourself as the administrator of the evening in easyspeak (we can explain how to do it) and make changes to the agenda
Before the meeting:
- Arrive a bit earlier if possible and assure the room is already prepared from the Sergeant of the Arms. If he is not attending, you have the responsibility... Let the arriving members help you!
- Empty spots on the agenda? Ask members to take the roles. Some members may have more roles or ask guests if they would like to take one.
- Ask the grammarian about the "word of the evening".
- Delegate at least one-two members to be responsible for inviting guests.
7:10 pm - we start 😊
- Small introduction and explanation what TM is about, international organisation,..
- Introduce the word of the evening
- We start with an introduction round. Name, "how long have you been a Toastmaster", the question of the evening and they may use the word of the evening. Explain why we are clapping so much as some of the newer guests may wonder.
- Introducing the speaker. Ask the Evaluator to read the objectives and then ask the speaker on the stage. Be sure to include a big applause. We call the speaker with his name and name of the speech as: Name - Speechtitel - Speechtitel - Name (you can see an example on the videos of the world championship of public speaking)
- Introduce the Table Topic Master.
- Watch the time with the Timer and decide how long table topics should be and how long to take a break (to adapt to the agenda again)
- After the Break: invite the General Evaluator to lead the second part of the evening
- After the General Evaluator: Make a Toast.
You made it!